A creative website is actually quite easy to do, provided that you have a plan of action beforehand. Here are some incredible design tips shared by some real and professional web design companies:
1. First Impressions Should Last
Your website design should be appealing at first sight so that people will actually spend more time looking around.
In fact, whenever a user finds your site through search engines, they should be able to see what your site is all about and what things you have to offer should be known immediately after reaching your page.
Your navigation has to be simple enough, your headline should be attention-grabbing, the use of images should be something that is relevant to what you offer and it has to be interesting and engaging as well.
2. Headlines are Quite Important
Your headline is so important that if they see your message and they believe in what you have to say, then they’re most likely to stay on your site for a while longer.
Since they are so important, here are some things that you need to know in order to create a catchy headline:
- The headline should be direct to the point. If it can be explained in only one sentence, then do so
- How do your products and services differ from other companies?
- Use a tool like Google Analytics to find out which style will be most useful in attracting your audience
- Do not use industry jargon
- Highlight only one or two features.
The reason why it has to be so short is to make it so that it will be a. easier to see and b. easier for navigation.
It also helps if you can use a large and suitable font for your headlines. Again, your aim here is to make it attention-grabbing as much as possible.
Also, put your headline front and center and it has to be “above the fold”, meaning that it should be placed directly on the landing page.
3. The Proper Use of Imagery is Necessary
Using the proper photos on your website is necessary because it can help them make a buying decision when they see relevant images. This is especially true if you sell multiple products.
Now, here are some things that you need to know about the imagery:
- Make sure to capture photos yourself; do not use stock photos
- If capturing your own images is not possible, you can use some stock photos but make sure that you’ve acquired them legally by paying the contributor
- It should be something that is totally relevant to the product or service you’re offering
- You must not use a background that grabs attention away from the images you use. Use a subtle background that will help amplify the image instead.
- Never use any photo filters or any photo-altering software just to enhance your images. You have to capture high-quality images from the get-go.
Remember, your website’s design should serve a purpose and it has to grab the attention of the audience in as little as 5 seconds.
Clever use of headlines and imagery can really help make them stay on your site a while longer. And who knows, they might turn into customers and avail your products and services.